The Wedding Blog for the style Obsessed Bride

Rehearsal Dinner Food

A good bit of our guests are going to be coming from out-of-town and we barely ever get to see a lot of these people.  We'll be so busy on the wedding day, that it will be hard to see and talk to every single one of them for more than 10 minutes.  So, we figured we'd invite them all to the rehearsal dinner so that we could see them on another night when we're not so busy! 

To save money, we're having the rehearsal dinner at a local park and I'm going to be making all the food myself.  We were originally going to do cookout food, but I thought that would be too close to our Sonnys catering for the wedding.  Then I came across the idea of a pasta bar and I was in love!  J and I eat pasta at least once a week and it would be an easy meal to cook.



The food shouldn't take very long to prepare at all.  I can cook up some pasta the day before and store it in a serving tray with a little water.  Then, I'll place it on a chafing dish at the park to help warm it up.

I plan on making a couple different kinds of sauces, but I haven't decided what kinds yet.  I'll probably end up just using jarred sauces to make my life a little easier.  I will definitely be going with a marina sauce and then probably an alfredo and maybe a butter garlic sauce.  That will give everyone a choice of their favorite.

I'm going to have a bunch of little bowls filled with different mix-ins as well.  That way everyone can customize their pasta the way they like.  I will include tons of different kinds of veggies and some ground beef or chicken.



I found Parmesan shakers like this the other day at Michaels for $1, so I picked up 4 of them.  I'm going to fill 2 with Parmesan cheese and 2 with red pepper.

I will also have a bowl of salad tossed up with a couple dressing options and then some garlic knots.

I think it will be a delicious dinner and easy cooking for me.  What are you doing for your rehearsal dinner?
You have read this article with the title Rehearsal Dinner Food. You can bookmark this page URL http://ssablues.blogspot.com/2010/01/rehearsal-dinner-food.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Comments "Rehearsal Dinner Food"

Post a Comment