The Wedding Blog for the style Obsessed Bride

Organizing Guest List & RSVPs

I've mentioned before how I organize my guest list/RSVPs, but I figured I'd do a post on it. 

Throughout the wedding planning process, I've been using Wedding Wire to keep track of my guest list and addresses.  It's really helpful to have that information on the internet, so that I can access it on my computer as well on my fiance's and at work.  Now that I'm receiving RSVPs, I'm also imputing them into their guest list tool so that it can give me a count of how many accepted and how many declined.  That way I don't have to count each individual RSVP every time I want a number. 

That's not my only way of tracking all this information though.  I like to have a hard copy of everything, just in case.  So I designed a spreadsheet in Excel and printed it out so I can write the information in it as I receive RSVP cards.


The first column has every guests name, with their date underneath it.  The second column was for me to check when their invitation was sent out.  There are a couple people we still don't have addresses for (this is ticking me off), so I wanted this column so I wasn't wondering why they hadn't RSVPed yet.  The next two columns are their RSVP for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding.  Then, the last column is what hotel they're staying at.  I'm making out-of-town bags for everyone, so I wanted to be able to know what hotel everyone was at so I know how many to deliver there.  Then, if they are coming, I highlighted their line so that I knew with a quick glance who was coming and who wasn't.

Oh, and our running RSVP totals as of now:
Rehearsal Dinner
Invited: 103
Accepted: 27
Declined: 12

Wedding
Invited: 103
Accepted: 40
Declined: 10

How do you keep track of your guest list and RSVPs?
You have read this article with the title Organizing Guest List & RSVPs. You can bookmark this page URL http://ssablues.blogspot.com/2010/02/organizing-guest-list-rsvps.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, February 5, 2010

Comments "Organizing Guest List & RSVPs"

Post a Comment