The Wedding Blog for the style Obsessed Bride

Cake Balls

This is an old post from a couple Christmases ago, but I think it's such a great favor idea that I wanted to repost it.  This year I made red velvet cake balls again, but I also made pumpkin spice ones and funfetti.  Both of them were loved by everyone!

Most people have heard of the famous Cake Balls by now.  They're the delicious balls of cake surrounded by chocolate from Bakerella.  Well, I decided to make some for Christmas and realized how great of a wedding favor it would be.  I already have decided on my favors, but I'm debating on making them to put in the out-of-town boxes.

What You Need:
- Box of cake mix (I used Red Velvet)
- Can of frosting that complements your cake (I used cream cheese)
- Chocolate bark (Used white chocolate/vanilla)

1. Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.  Let it cool completely.


2. After the cake cools, crumble it into a bowl.


3. Mix the frosting with the crumbled cake.


4. Roll the mixture into balls.  I did mine about an inch in diameter.  You can make yours whatever size you want depending on preference.

5. Chill the balls in the fridge for a few hours.  I recommend overnight.

6. Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave and dip the balls in it.  I recommend doing small sections at a time to keep the chocolate more workable.

7. Decorate the tops in whatever fashion you want immediately and then eat after the chocolate has hardened.

You have read this article with the title Cake Balls. You can bookmark this page URL http://ssablues.blogspot.com/2011/12/cake-balls.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, December 12, 2011

Comments "Cake Balls"

Post a Comment